The Price is Right

New clips or pics from TV Shows
readinghypnotist
300+ Spending Way too much time here

The Price is Right

Post by readinghypnotist »

Remember those showcases on "The Price is Right" where the models were mannequins in store windows? They haven't done it since the late 90's, for whatever reason (someone needs to tell Drew Carey to bring that back), but there's a few on Youtube, and, believe it or not, I actually found one I hadn't seen before:

https://youtu.be/HgMEZ052IBk?t=53m34s

(This is the entire episode, but I cued it to the right spot).
greneker03
400+

Re: The Price is Right

Post by greneker03 »

Janice and Holly did an outstanding job at this skit. Every once in a while they would have simple bids where they would blend in with the other mannequins promoting dresses and clothing.

They also did a routine at the showcase showdown where they were positioned as a mechanical fortune teller and went thru robotic movements. A lot of fun to see.

I will try to track down the links if you want to see a few.

greneker03
readinghypnotist

greneker03 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 am I will try to track down the links if you want to see a few.

greneker03
I already know the Youtube channel that posted some of them, and I taped a few myself back in the day.

There is one I'm really looking for that I recorded but the tape inside snapped.
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

[/quote]

I already know the Youtube channel that posted some of them, and I taped a few myself back in the day.

There is one I'm really looking for that I recorded but the tape inside snapped.
[/quote]

Do you remember what street and city they were on and who was in the windows?
readinghypnotist

greneker03 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Do you remember what street and city they were on and who was in the windows?
I do. The street was Stroget (which is apparently in Copenhagan in Denmark) and the ladies were Jan, Kathleen, and Chantal. They were wearing blue. A little searching at a website for the show allowed me to put the airdate as Dec 1, 1998.
readinghypnotist

I saw a couple there that looked familiar and a few that were new (too bad the quality's so bad).

I did a little scouring and while I haven't come up with any new clips, I did narrow down a few other specific episode dates that I know have something of interest:

June 23 1992
January 16th, 1995
April 23rd, 1999 (possibly the last one they ever did)

The September 26, 1997 episode just has them walking along, actually browsing the prizes like window shoppers. What a letdown.