Status of the board

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Status of the board

Post by tinyspider »

Hey fellas, Tinyspider here,

I'm glad to announce that I have coordinated with LordHypno to transfer the domain name and board to my hosting. We might experience a couple of days with no access and some days of posts might be lost, but aside from that, the board will continue operating as usual for the foreseeable future.

I want to thank LordHypno from the bottom of my heart for running this website for so many years. As one of the old timers here, it's amazing to see that people still care, keep in touch and share stuff after so many years (18 in my case).

LH, please take care of yourself and reach out if you need anything from us.

As for the 'business' side of things, the cost of running the board is really not that high, but if any of you want to pitch in and help a little bit that would be awesome. I'm gonna see which method might work best to collect money and let you know in upcoming days.

Feel free to DM me or reach out on Discord if you have any questions.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Re: Status of the board

Post by Jay »

Many thanks to LH for taking care of our home since(I think 2005?).

You sir are legend status. :-)

And many thanks to spider for taking the reins.

When everything gets settled if you figure out a donate option, im sure people would chip in to keep things going.

Also, like I stated earlier, you all might want to hop on the Discord in case we disappear for a bit...

https://discord.com/invite/nzqp9EP
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by lvman »

*applause*

Thanks tinyspider for shouldering the responsibility! Thanks LH for having kept the board up for so long. You two are awesome!
HypnoGold
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by HypnoGold »

Big thanks to you both for working something out!
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Thank you tinyspider. And if you figure out the cost, I'd be willing to donate some through Paypal. Like Dosman's Living Mannequin Circle before it, I'll always consider FIMS my home first and foremost for ASFR content.

Thank you as well to Lord Hypno for all your hard work and dedication to the ASFR world over the years. You had a good run buddy.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

I've been going through some life issue with family health and my own so I've been kinda AFK for a while so I totally missed what lead up to this. Is LH ok?
Seize the moment.

Literally.
mannequinmetallic
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by mannequinmetallic »

Hurray! You're a true hero!
mikehunt182
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by mikehunt182 »

Much appreciated!
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

meh wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:58 am I've been going through some life issue with family health and my own so I've been kinda AFK for a while so I totally missed what lead up to this. Is LH ok?
http://lm.basictek.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5708

The short version, cost of current hosting went up like 100 times, some options where named, but tinispyder made it happen to keep the site running.

Hats off to Lord Hypno, as stated before sir you're legend status, thanks for so many years of keep this community running flawless, not without lots of effort.

tinyspider it's great to see we have an alive and capable community... and to take up the challenge.

Thanks to both of you.