Logan's Run 2012

New clips or pics from Movies
zapped13
500+ Elite

Logan's Run 2012

Post by zapped13 »

I had heard that they were doing a remake of Logan's Run quite a few years ago, and then the project was shelved. (In the works for well over ten years now). Apparently, they've brought it back out again. The age for death in the first movie was 30, but now it's down to 21! The remake is supposed to be closer to the 1967 novel version, which some of you may recall involved ice statues instead of the runners being entombed in the cave. ...I just hope they don't screw up the icecave scenes this time around! It might be shot in 3-D as well...

Logan's Run: Synopsis
The 1976 original starred Michael York, Jenny Agutter and Farrah Fawcett. It was based on a 1967 novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson. The premise sees a future society that demands the death of everyone upon reaching a certain age. Anyone who veers from that destiny is dubbed a "runner" and is hunted by operatives known as Sandmen. Logan is a Sandman who is forced to go on the run.

The new movie is expected to be low-tech science fiction in a futuristic setting and hew closer to the book than the 1976 movie. The new film will tackle idea of the "greater good" and people devoting themselves to an ideology blindly, while keeping the novel's concepts of runners, Sanctuary and gangs outside the system.

http://youtu.be/jveF73uD4Wg
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"