stairway to heaven

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
rick

stairway to heaven

Post by rick »

does anybody have this a clip of this movie. i heard it has a good freeze scene.
janespet
<25 FIMS Newbie

the song is on tape

Post by janespet »

Do you mean I'll build a stairway to paradise? that is from an old MGM musical called An American in Paris with Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron. The song is performed before what is refered to as a living sculpture. It is a staircase made up of beautiful girls posed with candlabras, and the stairs are lit by stepping on them. It is near the middle of the picture, Or you can see it breifly in Thats Entertainment. Hope it helped. MP:>)
rick

Post by rick »

no

it is the one with david niven an dkim hunter from 1946.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Also known as A Matter of Life and Death. There are several scenes where time on Earth is frozen so that a Heavenly court can collect evidence. It's been released on video in the States. Amazon also has listings for two DVD editions, but one of them gets a bad customer review for poor picture quality and the other one (the "official" release, I'd guess) isn't available yet.

If you have a multi-region DVD player, your best bet would be to get the British edition, available either by itself or in box set versions with one or two other films... I can't link directly to the relevant amazon.co.uk page, so you'll just have to search under DVD for A Matter of Life and Death.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
janespet
<25 FIMS Newbie

good old vid for you

Post by janespet »

8) Talking about good old vids with still freezes in them there was a film from 1939 with David niven also and Loretta Young where He plays a professional magician and Young is his wife they go on tour with an act where David is on stage with a big glass globe on a stand over a flame. He mixes together the ingrediants to make the perfect woman and in a quick flash shot he makes Loretta. Sorry can't seem to remember the title but it is on video.Later, MP:>)