80s TV instances of LMs

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

80s TV instances of LMs

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

From a mix of memory and recent research, there are some TV segments involving living mannequins that have yet to surface in clip trading circles. Posting as much data here to help better TV collectors than I to find them.

"GOOD MORNING AMERICA" Wednesday, January 31, 1979
Reporter Mike Cerre visits the Are They Real? Inc. modeling organization, attempts to learn the trade. Interviews with founders Beverly Kadow and Aleta Herr

"FACES & PLACES" Wednesday, April 15, 1981
Synopsis: "A free skiing exhibition; an interview with movie great Anthony Quinn; a report on Fire Mountain Tours; learn about robot modeling."

"PM MAGAZINE [EVENING MAGAZINE]" August 17 or 18, 1983
Topics: "Students Scared Strait, Live Mannequin Models; I Make America’s Hottest Commercials, Death Nurse"
(a U-Matic tape master is in a Baltimore archive, not readily accessible)

"HOLLYWOOD SQUARES" Christmas Week 1987
I can't nail down the exact day and date, but there is one episode from this week of shows where a panelist was asked to identify which of three mannequins was an actual mannequin and not a living performer; the two live women did a pose change and pop to identify themselves as real.
Panelists on this episode were Joan & Melissa Rivers, Joe Alaskey, Gary Coleman, Jim J. Bullock, Joan Embery, Alyssa Milano & Danny Pintauro, Tracey Brandy & Missy Gold, Mitch Gaylord, and announcer Shadoe Stevens. And I definitely recall in this episode, Gary had a menorah in his square which he was asked a question about later on. There are two episodes from this week on YouTube, but neither of them are the one.

In the meantime, here's a fun nugget: an regional "PM MAGAZINE" story from Texas aired in 1982. For the impatient, the modeling begins around 2:20
https://texasarchive.org/2017_00716
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: 80s TV instances of LMs

Post by lvman »

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed that segment at the end. It's always nice getting clips from the golden era of mannequin modeling.
mannequinmetallic
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by mannequinmetallic »

Excellent clip. If anyone figures out how to download it, please let us know. This is a keeper!
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by lvman »

I just use OBS Studio to record my screen as I play the video.