C.O.R.N. Field of Screams Indie Film 2021

New clips or pics from Movies
zapped13
500+ Elite

C.O.R.N. Field of Screams Indie Film 2021

Post by zapped13 »

First off: If the idea of a horror film involving Human Taxidermy bothers you, then this post isn't meant for your benefit, so move on. If you're a fan of my Sideshow story (or even Girls Under Glass) or have a preservation fetish, then this film will be right up your alley. If I paid to have a custom made, it wouldn't hold a candle to this little gem of an indie film.

In short: A brother & sister (along with their stepfather) get a flat in the middle of nowhere. Dad leaves to get help and never returns. The pair strike out on their own and make friends with some local teens; they attend a Halloween Rave, get drunk and then go to a haunted attraction in a corn maze. What they don't know is that the gathering of a cult named C.O.R.N. (Collective Order of Recreational Necrophilanthropists) have chosen the desolate area to perform their annual human taxidermy competition, and they're in need of attractive specimens to work with. Unlike Tourist Trap, all of the victims are live models, and they do a helluva great job at holding perfectly still. Not a single eye blink (except for the one person that's hiding among the statues and pretending to be stuffed). This film is posted on YouTube for free, but the commercial breaks get annoying pretty quickly. My advice would be to download it first and watch it all the way through uninterrupted. The acting is mediocre at best, but the plot is pretty good (I actually wish I'd written it myself). I've watched it all the way through three times over this past week, and I'm sure I will do so again.

I'll post the actresses below and a link to the film. After the spoiler alert, I'll also post screen grabs with brief descriptions of the scenes even further below.

Again: this film won't be for everybody, so keep your negative comments to yourself. If you want to contact me on your thoughts about the film, feel free to send me a PM on here. The film is 1:42 long; it starts out kinda slow, but the competition scenes are worth it in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/iWsFM5OfhfE?si=gFILRJ2Ur0uoWP7T&t=12

The actresses in order of disappearance:

Audra Schildhouse (as Toni) posed as a Scarecrow (what a waste!)

Kennedy Tucker (as Tia) the main character and a sister with a nice body!

Courtney Wax (as Hailey)

Meiter Paz (as Emily) This gal really tests the limits of her bikini top!

Elise Spicer (as Dede). This girl should be a professional Living Mannequin!

Nicole Santini (as Beatrice's mom)
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
zapped13
500+ Elite

Re: C.O.R.N. Field of Screams Indie Film 2021

Post by zapped13 »

**********SPOILER ALERT ****
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Here are the screen grabs from C.O.R.N. with a brief description of what's going on in the scene.

Toni is the first female victim to disappear in the corn maze. This is a wasted character, as she's turned into a scarecrow with a burlap sack over her head. Also NEVER, EVER turn your back on Otis! The artist's dialogue during this scene sounds exactly like my Professor Claussen character!

Tia, Cary and their stepdad get a flat tire and are stranded in the country. Lucky for us there's no cellphone reception. Dad leaves to get help but fails to return.

A creepy local squatter suggests they all go to a secret Halloween raver in a grain silo.

Ray and Dede (the popular couple) eyeballing the newbies.

Dede flirting with Cary. She later asks them to drive her boyfriend's truck and all her friends to a haunted attraction in a corn maze.

Hot and very intoxicated, Hailey wanders off and is the next one to vanish at the maze.

The group is at a swimming hole the next day. Emily asks Tia if she's seen Hailey. "Not since last night." "Must've really tied one on then." Little do they know...

That night the teens go on a haunted hayride, but the cider is drugged, and they soon are split up. Cary wanders through the woods and comes upon a house where a group of artists and rich socialites have gathered for some type of ceremony. At one point, he runs into missing Hailey who's posed on a dais. "Oh, thank god; someone I finally recognize! How's it going?" Hailey fails to respond of course, staring off into the distance. Cary gets frustrated. "Hey, maybe we'll catch up later then?" He completely fails to recognize the exposed stitching around her neck. Like all the actresses in this film, she does an excellent job at remaining still and without a single blink!

Tia arrives looking for her brother. A little girl (Beatrice) cryptically warns, "Only the artists, their sponsors, and the specimens are allowed in our house. You should leave."

The curtain is rolled back to reveal the newly minted Emily, now perfectly preserved as a statue. This one was a total surprise and if you blink you'll miss it!

Judging of the artists' work continues, and more of the entries are revealed. This girl also does a great job and never blinks despite the camera being in her face!

Dede and Tia hide in a pool after escaping the bad guys, but Dede can't hold her breath underwater. They pull her out kicking and screaming. She also doesn't realize that her boyfriend Ray has also been nabbed. Later on, a female body is brought into the prepping area of the barn: when the face is finally shown, it's Dede. Her cocky boyfriend is tied by the wrists to a post in the background.

The defending champ's work is finally revealed (a female artist no less). I absolutely LOVE the fact that Ray and Dede are posed together after their separate disappearances. And is that Tia posed among them?! One art critic comments, "She's the most life-like I've seen in over 20 years!" Another leans in close and observes, "Is that a tear?" A third snooty critic complains, "Is that intentional?" "...No, it appears that the eyeball is leaking." Dede, the redhead, does an awesome job here, as she never moves or blinks the entire scene with the critics. At one point the artists knocks on her forehead emitting a hollow sound - she still doesn't flinch!

The artist belittles the Tia statue.

Beatrice is brought out in front of the crowd. "Is this a new specimen?" someone asks excitedly. "No, this is Beatrice, my daughter. It's time for her to learn our family trade secrets." But Beatrice just wants to see her mom. The whereabouts of her missing mother are finally revealed: she's packed up in a box trailer and ready for shipment to their next destination. Unfortunately, an overzealous Beatrice refuses to let go of her mom and she's knocked over and broken.

An AI version of Dede if she were turned into a scarecrow like Toni.

C7373
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by C7373 »

Great find, the actors/actresses freezing was also extremely good as well.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I've learned over the years not to expect much out of low-budget indie productions (especially with horror films). When that 1st actress was turned into a scarecrow, and then there were a couple of males on stands in the field, I thought Yep, just another dud that totally missed the mark and has nothing to do with the plot description. I'm glad I sat there and kept watching it, because when Hailey first appeared on that dais, I was like DOH!! :shock: Here we go! :lol:

I'm also a stickler about blinking- it totally ruins the illusion for me. They all did an excellent job of not blinking and staying perfectly still (even when the camera was practically right up in their faces).

A good way to start off 2024. :D
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

There is some really well done freezing by the cast in this. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to do screen caps!
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I already started a folder of screen caps for that by the 2nd viewing! :lol: The descriptions just took a little longer.
yendis
FIMS Contributor

Post by yendis »

I can't view the video, it's blocked in my region

cheers
yendis
juva
FIMS Contributor

Post by juva »

Yea blocked in the UK :|
C7373
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by C7373 »

I used a free VPN to switch location to New York and it worked there.
suitedmannequin
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by suitedmannequin »

Very nice movie. I just wish to see someday a movie where people like them in that movie are kidnapped and transformed into display mannequins for a clothing store. Don't know why no producer ever thought of doing this scenario. I'm sure it would be a success.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

There was a cheesy made-for-TV movie that was on one of those late-night horror TV shows that seemed to pop-up everywhere during the 80's (it may have even been an episode from a series). The name escapes me and it wasn't very good to begin with. Maybe someone on here remembers the name. I want to say it was an old couple turning unsuspecting women into mannequins, dressing them up, and then posing them in their boutique. I also remember one where unsuspecting young men check into a bed and breakfast and some older woman turns them into mannequins or statues. That was pretty awful as well. :roll:
suitedmannequin
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by suitedmannequin »

zapped13 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:46 pm There was a cheesy made-for-TV movie that was on one of those late-night horror TV shows that seemed to pop-up everywhere during the 80's (it may have even been an episode from a series). The name escapes me and it wasn't very good to begin with. Maybe someone on here remembers the name. I want to say it was an old couple turning unsuspecting women into mannequins, dressing them up, and then posing them in their boutique. I also remember one where unsuspecting young men check into a bed and breakfast and some older woman turns them into mannequins or statues. That was pretty awful as well. :roll:

That is pretty much what I'm looking for. Really hope someone will find that movie
neisy03
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by neisy03 »

zapped13 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:46 pm There was a cheesy made-for-TV movie that was on one of those late-night horror TV shows that seemed to pop-up everywhere during the 80's (it may have even been an episode from a series). The name escapes me and it wasn't very good to begin with. Maybe someone on here remembers the name. I want to say it was an old couple turning unsuspecting women into mannequins, dressing them up, and then posing them in their boutique. I also remember one where unsuspecting young men check into a bed and breakfast and some older woman turns them into mannequins or statues. That was pretty awful as well. :roll:
this looks interesting. when they were turned into statues or mannequin, are they still the actors or actresses who acts as statues or mannequins, or they just replace the actors with real statues or mannequins?
asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by asfrmaster »

zapped13 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:38 pm **********SPOILER ALERT ****
This is a FANTASTIC FIND Zapped! It's watched the scenes multiple times now and it is by far the best asfr film out there produced by people outside of the kink.

The Taxidermy / permanent transformation is a rare thing to see in the ASFR Community and this concept has always been in my head but with a different plot. lol, I wished I had come up with a "secret society" angle for the statue makers.

Maybe if enough of us hit up the Indie producer they will be encouraged to do a sequel. (especially given the sequel loving nature of Hollywood today).

The made for TV Show that you are describing reminds me of the "One of a kind" episode of a couple turning women into mannequins and putting them on display. Does that ring a bell? or is that a different reference?
neisy03
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by neisy03 »

asfrmaster wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm
The made for TV Show that you are describing reminds me of the "One of a kind" episode of a couple turning women into mannequins and putting them on display. Does that ring a bell? or is that a different reference?

are you referring to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po3lRt8Pex0 ?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

This is a FANTASTIC FIND Zapped! It's watched the scenes multiple times now and it is by far the best asfr film out there produced by people outside of the kink.

The Taxidermy / permanent transformation is a rare thing to see in the ASFR Community and this concept has always been in my head but with a different plot. lol, I wished I had come up with a "secret society" angle for the statue makers.

Maybe if enough of us hit up the Indie producer they will be encouraged to do a sequel. (especially given the sequel loving nature of Hollywood today).

Yes, imagine my surprise when I found it a week or so ago. Every now and then I type in "human taxidermy" and usually that "Body Worlds" plastination thing comes up. I nearly shut it off when they turned the first victim into a scarecrow, but I stuck it out. For once the description delivered results.

It may have been One of A Kind. Living Dolls was another late-night turkey: https://youtu.be/hJfiBLy79XI?si=OxN4gLaZlhHPa4ED
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

neisy03 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:20 pm
asfrmaster wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm

are you referring to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po3lRt8Pex0 ?
Yep thats it. :lol: I don't think I even bothered to save it on my portable hard drive.