V: The second generation

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
zapped13
500+ Elite

V: The second generation

Post by zapped13 »

Hey, I was over on amazon.com, sniffing around...and found out that there will be a new novel released in Oct. based off of the original movie, and where it left off. May not be a big deal to some. However, if your a fan of the original "V" TV series, or just innocent people being cryogenically frozen for storage, you will want to check it out. If you are lucky enough to own any of the original novels that came out after the TV movie was released, you may recall several scenes of the cryo chambers and the unfortunate victims contained within! The author is kenneth johnson, and there is a small paragraph on the new novels contents, including a blurb about the frozen victims.
Later, Zapped! :lol:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"

Post by Guest »

Just found these :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW_fQbpQyIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvWKHtqlBE

Also I think one of the last episodes of the mini series, the hot blond was frozen, wish I could find a clip of that

Enjoy

"V" cryofreeze

Post by Guest »

Yeah, that scene with the girl hanging upside down was my favorite of the entire series....I once turned the TV set upside down and hit the pause button on the VCR , just to see what she looked like right side up!...and no I'm not kidding :roll:
Eventually, I updated and bought it on DVD
....I do still use a still photo as a screensaver from time to time though.
Thanks for posting the clips, it's good to see that somebody was into that movie for the "freeze" content besides myself :lol:
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

That was me, by the way... :D
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

I remember a later episode where the aliens had invented and "instant freeze-drier" to greatly speed up the process. They were using a health spa as cover, so the subjest were to be these really hot fitness men and women that were hanging around.

Of course, in true mainstream dissapointment fashion, they never showed it being used on any women (and they cut away when it was used on a guy, if I remember).

This is one of my highest potential-to-dissapointment ratio scenes ever. They did do some OK stuff in other epsiodes, so that makes up for it a little.

Bas
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Yes, it was one of those deals where you had to use your imagination...That was about the time that I started searching for the novels. I stopped in a local book store back in the early 90's, and somebody dumped off their entire collection....I think I bought five or six books for less than $20. I wouldn't say they are worth searching the earth for, but there are a few good cryo scenes in a few of them.
I never got to see any of the regular series episodes that aired on tv after the original mini-series, but it sounds like I didn't miss anything! :?